- Advice & Education
- Community Support
- International Family Equality
- Legal & Financial
- News & Politics
- Travel & Vacations
HuffPost's Sam Stein points out some bizarre footage provided by former Vice President Dick Cheney.
Speaking at the National Press Club for the Gerald R. Ford Foundation journalism awards, Cheney was asked about recent rulings and legislative action in Iowa and elsewhere that allowed for gay couples to legally wed.
Cheney said that he supports gay marriage as long as it is deemed legal by state and not federal government.
The election is only days away. Imagine for a moment that Barack has won the Whitehouse. (It’s okay. Hope doesn’t jinx him. Only voter fraud can do that.) What’s next?
• The Republican Party is in shambles.
• The Electoral College map has shifted historically.
• Neo-Conservative foreign policy ends abruptly.
• Theo-Conservative rhetoric is relegated to angry, bitter direct mail fundraising newsletters and mega-church sermons to the already converted.
• Pocketbook Republicans check their fund statements on an hourly basis and take anti-depressants.
• And the rest of us cheer for the first time in years.
And what happens to Dick Cheney when he says goodbye to the Beltway?